The Engemann Student Health Center offers a full range of medical services in primary and specialty care, counseling services, health promotion and disease prevention.
Structured for students currently registered for classes, our focus is to help students maintain an optimum level of physical and mental health and to guide them in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our mission is to provide cost-effective, high quality care and resources to students.
Conveniently located on the University Park Campus near the Lyon Center, the Engemann Student Health Center serves those students who are registered for classes and who have paid the Student Health Fee. We strive to facilitate the completion of your academic career at USC by promoting healthy lifestyles and caring for your physical and psychological illnesses and concerns.
We look forward to taking care of your healthcare needs and working with you to support a healthy campus community.
Services and Fees
Services at the Engemann Student Health Center are available to students who have paid the current semester health fee ($262.00 for Fall 2013 Semester). Students, taking six or more units, are automatically assessed this fee on their fee bill. All Ph.D. candidates and students taking less units, may use services by paying the health fee.
Services at the Engemann Student Health Center
- Unlimited primary care visits at the Engemann Student Health Center
- Confidential psychological evaluations and short term treatment when clinically appropriate at the Counseling Center
- X-rays (digital radiography) performed at our facility
- Internal Medicine, Orthopedic, Chiropractic, Allergy, Dermatology, Gynecology, Acupuncture, Travel
- Laboratory testing (free for most tests performed on-site. Some fees apply to tests sent to outside laboratories.)
- Physical Therapy (nominal co-payment; up to 8 visits per year)
- Wellness and Health Promotion Programs/Services
- After-hours on-call registered nurse
Nominal Fees and Co-Pays
While the Student Health Fee covers most services, there are nominal co-payments and fees for some services that include:
- Laboratory tests sent to outside laboratories
- Allergy Testing
- Copies of Medical Records
- Orthopedic appliances (crutches, canes, etc.)
- Copies of x-rays