Vision, Mission and Core Values
To become our campus community’s first choice in primary healthcare, leaders in public health and wellness and to create and support a healthy campus community.
Our mission at Engemann Student Health Center is to provide high quality, cost-effective and client oriented services and resources in health promotion and disease prevention, primary care and counseling to the University Park Campus student community. We strive to facilitate the completion of your academic career at USC by promoting healthy lifestyles and caring for your physical and psychological illnesses and concerns.
We look forward to meeting you and working with you to support a healthy campus community.
We, the employees of the Engemann Student Health Center, are committed personally and organizationally in carrying out the following:
- Biopsychosocial Approach: Provide services that integrate physical, psychological and social issues.
- Collaboration: Strive to collaborate within USC and within the healthcare community.
- Communication: Take personal responsibility to openly share and receive information in a respectful manner.
- Community Development: Interact with the campus and local community to create a supportive environment for life-enhancing behaviors.
- Cost Consciousness: Continually strive to provide the highest quality service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Diversity: Appreciate the diversity of our community and provide services in a manner that honors each individual as a unique being.
- Empowerment: Increase individual knowledge and influence behavior in a manner that will enhance health and reduce disease.
- Excellence: Accept responsibility to provide the highest quality health services possible.
- Innovation: Continually strive to find creative ways to deliver services.
- Integrity: Provide our services honestly, ethically and with integrity.
- Leadership: Take a leadership role in college health.
- Positive Attitudes: Maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere and bring enthusiasm to our work.
- Professional Development: Continually increase our personal skills and knowledge to provide the highest quality service.
- Respect: Treat each other, students, staff and faculty, with mutual respect, understanding and kindness.
- Teaching: Increase our ability to teach students and staff through a variety of educational models.
- Teamwork: Maintain a flexible and positive approach when working as a multidisciplinary team.