Crisis and Consultation Services
Crisis services are focused on providing immediate emotional support and resources. If you have concerns about yourself or someone you know, please do not hesitate to call.
Our crisis therapists are available to help 24/7 at (213) 740-7711.
If you feel your concerns are an emergency, please let us know right away. If you are unsure if your situation is an emergency, please call the number above and ask for the on-call counselor. They can help determine this for you.
- During our daytime business hours, please call Student Counseling Services and ask to speak with the on-call counselor at (213) 740-7711.
- After hours: when we are closed, call (213) 740-7711 and press 0 during the message to be connected with a licensed counselor.
- For life threatening emergencies on-campus or near campus, call DPS at (213) 740-4321, or if you are off-campus, call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
Students who are experiencing a psychological or emotional emergency often need immediate help and intervention. Some examples of serious circumstances include:
- suicidal or homicidal thoughts or impulses;
- sexual or physical assault;
- unusual experiences such as seeing or hearing things other people do not;
- grief or loss, such as a death in the family.
Consultations about a student of concern: We provide individual consultations for faculty, staff, RAs, or GHAs regarding difficult mental health situations with students. Please call and request to speak with the Triage Counselor. If necessary, please let them know if your concern is urgent.
Crisis appointments will not respond to requests for letters for DSP, SJACS, or other departments.