Dependents of students cannot enroll in the USC Student Health Insurance Plan. For an additional fee, eligible dependents can enroll in a separate PPO plan offered by Aetna Student Health.
To enroll your dependents go online at www.aetnastudenthealth.com, choose University of Southern California as your school, and follow the instructions for enrolling your dependents.
Or, if you actively enroll yourself in the Plan by following the enrollment instructions, at the end of your enrollment you will be given the option to enroll your dependents online as well.
If you want to enroll your Dependents in the Plan, first make sure they are eligible. Eligible Dependents include:
- Insured Student’s Spouse residing with the Insured Student
- Insured Student’s children up to age 26 years. A child’s coverage will not end because the child has reached the age limit shown above, if he or she: (a) is not able to earn his or her own living as a result of physical handicap or mental retardation; and (b) became so handicapped before reaching the age limit; and (c) is chiefly dependent on the Insured Student for support and maintenance.
- Insured Student’s Mutually Financial Dependent residing with the Insured Student (please obtain an affidavit from the Student Health Insurance Coordinator on your campus).
To be an eligible Dependent, the person cannot be:
- Another student who is eligible for the USC Student Health Insurance Plan.
- On active duty in the Armed Forces of any country.
Change in Dependent Eligibility Status
If you are enrolled in the USC Student Health Insurance Plan and you acquire a new Dependent during the semester (for example, through marriage, birth or adoption), you may enroll them before the next semester. To enroll your new Dependent, contact Aetna Student Health at 1-877-626-2299 within 31 days of the qualifying event (the date of the wedding, or the birth or adoption of your child).
You must show proof of your change, such as a marriage certificate.