Getting Your Dependents Covered
The information below only applies to dependents of USC students. USC students have access to the USC Student Health Insurance Plan.
USC wants to make sure you and your dependents have healthcare coverage while you are enrolled as a student. The university offers healthcare plans for USC students, and provides professional guidance to students about health plans available to cover their dependents. (USC no longer offers coverage for dependents directly).
Here are several resources to help you decide which healthcare plan is best for your family:
- Visit CoveredCA.com for information and to enroll your dependent in the plan.
- Visit GetInsured.com for information and to enroll your dependent in the plan.
- Shop with a licensed Insurance Broker in the community where you live, as they also have access to plans that will meet your dependent coverage needs.
- Shop online at a broker or website that offers comparison tools for choosing health plans.
- Online Degree Program students in a state other than California: Go to the Health Care Marketplace at Healthcare.gov and enter the state in which you live to get started.
If you need assistance:
- Send an email to email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
- Visit the Engemann Student Health Insurance Office on the lower level of the Engemann Student Health Center. We can provide information and support to assist you in purchasing insurance for your dependents.
Note: if you experience any difficulty with Healthcare.gov, CoveredCA.com or GetInsured.com, please ask for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
International students: your dependents are eligible for healthcare through multiple Covered California carriers, as long as the dependents are in the United States on a valid F2 or J2 visa.