Getting Your Dependents Covered
The information below only applies to dependents of USC students. USC students have access to the USC Student Health Insurance Plan.
USC wants to make sure you and your dependents have healthcare coverage while you are enrolled as a student. The university offers healthcare plans for USC students, and provides professional guidance to students about health plans available to cover their dependents. (USC no longer offers coverage for dependents directly).
Here are several resources to help you decide which healthcare plan is best for your family:
- Robin Permaul is available as an independent insurance broker to enroll dependents in a plan that best meets each student’s individual insurance needs. You may contact her directly at (310) 968-8580 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will work directly with you to evaluate the choices each individual student should consider. She can meet with you at the Engemann Student Health Center by appointment.
- Send an email email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
- Visit the Engemann Student Health Insurance Office on the lower level of the Engemann Student Health Center. We can provide information and support to assist you in purchasing insurance for your dependents.
- Shop with a licensed Insurance Broker in the community where you live, as they also have access to plans that will meet your dependent coverage needs.
- Shop online at a broker or website that offers comparison tools for choosing health plans.
- Go to the Health Care Marketplace at Healthcare.gov and enter the state in which you live to get started.
- Visit CoveredCA.com for information and to enroll your dependent in the plan.
Note: if you experience any difficulty with Healthcare.gov or CoveredCA.com, please ask for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call Robin Permaul for help.
International students: your dependents are eligible for healthcare through multiple Covered California carriers, as long as the dependents are in the United States on a valid F2 or J2 visa. Robin Permaul can assist you if you would like information about additional insurance options for your dependents.