You don’t have to give up allergy treatment while you’re attending USC. Engemann Student Health Center hopes to assist you in any way possible with the management of your allergy and asthma symptoms. Our staff can administer allergy injections to students who are under an immunotherapy regimen prescribed by their private physician.
The Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic is managed under the supervision of our consulting allergist. Our goal is to maintain a desensitization program for students who have been in a continuing program through their private physician. New patients, without a prior allergy program, are accepted upon referral by an Engemann medical services provider. Whenever possible, and in accordance with our policies, all students will be admitted and maintained in our program.
Your Student Health Fee covers most medical services at Engemann Student Health Center; however, there are some additional fees for the Allergy Clinic. See the Price List for more information.
How To Utilize This Service
Students with an established injection program from a provider outside of USC:
If you have an established allergy injection program with a private physician and would like to continue at the Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic, you should take the following steps:
- Request your private physician to complete the Engemann Student Health Center’s Allergy History and Therapy Form and submit it to the Engemann Allergy Clinic.
- Mail or hand-deliver your allergy serum(s) with proper shipping requirements to the Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic.
- Call the Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic at (213) 740-0472 to ensure that your Allergy History and Therapy Form and serum(s) were received.
- Upon confirmation that your form and serum(s) were received, schedule an appointment with an Engemann Student Health Center allergist.
You must have an initial consultation with the allergist prior to continuing your allergy program at the Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic.
New Students Requesting an Allergy Evaluation and Desensitization
If you would like to be evaluated by our allergist, you should take the following steps:
- Schedule an appointment with an Engemann Student Health Center medical services provider to obtain a referral for the Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic.
- Once the referral is obtained, schedule an appointment with the Engemann Student Health Center allergist.
During the initial consultation, the allergist will evaluate you and provide you with a personalized allergy management program. Allergy skin testing and patch testing are available for an additional fee.
Students Continuing Their Allergy Program
After your consultation with the allergist, you may return to the Engemann Student Health Center Allergy Clinic, without an appointment, for your routine allergy shots during normal business hours. You will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis and will be required to remain at the Engemann Student Health Center for 20 minutes after receiving your allergy injection(s) to monitor your reaction.