Services and Fees
Student Health Fee and Price List
Services at the Engemann Student Health Center are available to students who have paid the current semester Student Health Fee. This fee is mandatory and is automatically added to the student’s bill when they register for more than 6 units. We encourage students to use the health center services as their primary source of health care while studying at USC. Students just need to bring their USC ID to check in. The health center doesn’t bill insurance, this is a separate cost. Regardless of the type of health insurance a student has, the student health center should be their primary source of care.
Fall and Spring Semesters
The Student Health Fee is automatically added to your student account with the University if you are:
- A domestic student taking 6 units or more.
- All international students or Health Science Campus students.
Note: All online students and Ph.D. candidates and students taking less than 6 units, may use services by paying the health fee.
All registered students are charged the student health fee, according to the number of weeks in their session. This applies to students in summer, regardless of the number of units they are registered in.
Students who are not registered for summer courses, may continue to use the health center by paying the summer health fee. Simply come to the student health center and state you are a current student and would like to continue access. You will be directed to our cashier to pay this fee and will be asked to provide evidence of current health insurance coverage, as we are unable to see patients who do not have health insurance.
Cost Per Semester
- Fall 2017: $334
- Spring 2018: $333
- Summer 2018 (Sessions I and II: May 14 – August 10, 2018): $246
- Summer Session I: $147 (May 14 – June 30, 2018)
- Summer Session II: $147 (June 25 – August 10, 2018)
Services Covered by the Student Health Fee
- Most primary care visits at the Engemann Student Health Center.
- Initial consultation visit with Counseling Services. (only students who have paid the student health fee.)
- Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services (RSVP) services: sexual violence, gender based harm.
- X-rays (digital radiography) performed at our facility.
- Most wellness services provided by Office for Wellness and Health Promotion.
The student health fee does not cover services provided outside the student health center particularly in an emergency situation where hospitalization is required. For this reason, USC requires all students to have a comprehensive health insurance plan. Please note that the student health fee is in no way related to or a replacement for health insurance. Insurance is an entirely separate cost.
Nominal Fees and Co-Pays
While the Student Health Fee covers most services, there are nominal co-payments and fees for some services that include:
- Laboratory tests sent to outside laboratories
- Allergy testing
- Copies of Medical Records
- Orthopedic appliances (crutches, canes, etc.)
- Copies of x-rays
- Musculoskeletal Clinic (chiropractic) co-pay
- Appointment no-show/late cancellation fee
For a full list of services that may incur an extra fee, that the student health fee may not cover, please see our Price List.