Services and Fees
Student Health Center Fee and Price List
Services at the Engemann Student Health Center are available to students who have paid the current semester Student Health Center Fee. Students should use the health center services as their primary source of health care while studying at USC.
For the Fall and Spring semesters, the Student Health Center Fee is automatically added to your student account with the University if you are:
- A domestic student taking 6 units or more.
- All international students or Health Science Campus students.
Note: All Ph.D. candidates and students taking less units, may use services by paying the health fee.
For the Summer, all registered students are charged the health center fee, according to the number of weeks in their session. This applies to students in summer, regardless of the number of units they are registered in.
Cost Per Semester
- Fall 2015: $283
- Spring 2016: $282
- Summer 2016 (Sessions I and II): pricing coming soon
- Summer Session I (A): pricing coming soon
- Summer Session II (B): pricing coming soon
Services Covered by the Student Health Center Fee
- Most primary care visits at the Engemann Student Health Center.
- Initial consultation visit with Counseling Services.
- Center for Women and Men services: sexual assault, gender based harm.
- X-rays (digital radiography) performed at our facility.
- Most wellness services provided by Office for Wellness and Health Promotion.
The student health fee does not cover services provided outside the student health center particularly in an emergency situation where hospitalization is required. For this reason, USC requires all students to have a comprehensive health insurance plan. Please note that the student health fee is in no way related to or a replacement for health insurance. Insurance is an entirely separate cost.
Nominal Fees and Co-Pays
While the Student Health Fee covers most services, there are nominal co-payments and fees for some services that include:
- Laboratory tests sent to outside laboratories
- Allergy testing
- Copies of Medical Records
- Orthopedic appliances (crutches, canes, etc.)
- Copies of x-rays
For a full list of services that may incur an extra fee, that the student health fee may not cover, please see our Price List.