Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services (RSVP) offers counseling free of charge for students and is an inclusive space for individuals of all genders.
Make An Appointment
To make a RSVP appointment, please call (213) 740-4900.
24 hour advance notice is required for cancellation of an appointment. Otherwise, a $20 fee will be charged to the student’s account.
RSVP counseling services include:
- Crisis and urgent appointments
- Individual counseling for survivors of sexual or gender-based violence (e.g. sexual assault, stalking, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence) during their time at USC.
- Group therapy (e.g. sexual trauma therapy group)
- Consultations (e.g., we are able to advise you in supporting individuals in your life or aiding someone in receiving help)
- Advocacy (e.g. discussion of reporting options, support in making medical appointments related to sexual or domestic violence, support surrounding academic accommodations)
- 24/7 after-hours on-call service (emergencies related to gender-based harm)
Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services (RSVP) is a part of the larger Student Counseling Services, but offers specialized services related to sexual and gender-based harm. To schedule an appointment with Student Counseling Services, call (213) 740-7711 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays or visit the Engemann Student Health Center on the University Park Campus.
RSVP Therapy Groups
Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services offers weekly therapy groups throughout the academic year. They are safe and confidential spaces for students who have experienced sexual abuse, sexual assault, harassment, stalking or other gender-related violence. The sessions are supervised by a professional counselor, and the size of the support group varies from semester to semester. To learn more about the groups offered this semester, call (213) 740-4900 or visit RSVP.
Group topics and times are dependent on student availability. An initial meeting (30 minutes) is required prior to starting a therapy group. Please call RSVP to schedule an initial meeting regarding group therapy.
Circle of Hope: Fridays 3-4:30pm @ RSVP
A therapeutic process group for survivors of sexual trauma to begin or continue the process of recovery. A space for students to find their voice among peers with shared experiences at RSVP. Please contact RSVP at email@example.com for more information on how to join.
Healthy Relationship: Time TBD @RSVP
A therapeutic process group for survivors of emotional, physical, or verbal abuse in past or present relationships. A place for students who are ready to move toward healing and cultivating healthy relationships. Please contact RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to join.
RSVP offers…two Mind & Body programs: Yoga as Healing and GLOW barre fitness. For more information, please refer to the Programs and Workshops page.
In case of a counseling emergency after-hours or during weekends, call (213) 740-4900, and press “0” to speak with an on-call counselor.