Directions for Completing AlcoholEdu for College
AlcoholEdu for College is an online science-based alcohol abuse prevention program that provides a tailored educational experience focusing on the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. Every incoming undergraduate student is required to take AlcoholEdu and pass the course’s final exam. In this way, every student coming into the USC community has an appropriate and accurate understanding of alcohol and alcohol abuse.
Approximately 37% of incoming USC freshmen have consumed alcohol. This number may seem different that what you had expected. Whether or not you decide as a student to drink while you are at USC, AlcoholEdu will assist you in making a well-informed decision as well as assist in coping with the potential drinking behavior of your peers.
Part 1 Deadline
Part 1 of the course can be started July 24, 2013. Part 1 must be completed by Monday, August 19, 2013.
The log-in ID, provided below, is specific to USC students. You must use this log-in ID to successfully complete AlcoholEdu for College. After completing Part 1, print out and save a digital copy (a screen shot is recommended) your Certificate of Completion. Chapter presidents or new member educators will collect the completion certificates.
Part 2 Deadline
The Part 2 completion deadline is Monday, October 21, 2013.
Partway through the semester, you will receive email instructions for taking Part 2.
Directions for completing AlcoholEdu for College
- Go to: www.everfi.com/register
- FRESHMAN and TRANSFERS ONLY: Under “New User,” enter the following log-in ID: C123961A
- If you are a SOPHMORE, JUNIOR or SENIOR who needs to take the course: enter the following log-in code: C123961B
- Click “Submit”
- On the registration page you will have the opportunity to create your own AlcoholEdu for College account using your USC e-mail address and a password of your choice. At this time, you will also need to enter your 10-digit USC Student ID number, located on your Student ID card. If you do not enter your official 10-digit Student ID number, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
- You may log in and out of the course at the completion of each section. The end of each section is marked with a “Next” button. You must click the “Next” button to save your information. DO NOT log out until you have clicked the “Next” button, or you will be required to repeat that section again.
- When you return, log in as a “Returning User” and enter the same e-mail address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to fulfill USC’s AlcoholEdu for College requirement.
- Save a copy of your certificate of completion of both Part 1 and Park 2. A digitally saved screen shot and a hard copy is recommended.
If you previously completed AlcoholEdu for College while at USC but no longer have your certificate of completion, please email email@example.com for a confirmation email that will substitute for your certificate.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Help Site.
All survey responses are strictly confidential. USC will only receive collective information about the student population as a whole and will never see individual student answers. If you need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.