AlcoholEdu® for College
Dear USC Student,
As you may already know, USC has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention, sexual assault prevention, and financial literacy in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 1,500,000 students and employees complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, USC expects you to complete AlcoholEdu for College. This online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your years at USC and beyond.
All incoming undergraduate students (freshmen and transfer) must complete the course by the deadlines indicated below. A HOLD will be placed on your spring 2017 semester registration if you do not complete the required courses by those dates. For more about this requirement, please read the message from the VP for Student Affairs.
AlcoholEdu for College will be available starting July 22, 2016.
Instructions to Complete AlcoholEdu
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
To fulfill USC’s requirement:
- Always sign in at: my.usc.edu
- In the “my Services” section, go to the Safety & Wellness widget. In the “Online Courses” tab, select AlcoholEdu for College and you will be directed to the registration page.
- If you have enrolled in AlcoholEdu for College during a previous academic year at USC, but did not complete the course (you would see it on your Past Courses tab), click “Add a Course” in the top right corner of your dashboard to re-enroll in your required course.
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu by August 19, 2016.
- After 30-45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu for College which must be completed by October 3, 2016.
MyUSC Login problems?
Contact USC Information Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 213-740-5555.
Contact EverFi 24/7 via the “help” link within the course.
Questions about the course?
Contact the Office for Wellness and Health Promotion at email@example.com or at 213-740-4777.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
USC and the Office for Wellness and Health Promotion