The Engemann Student Health Center offers a full range of medical services in primary and specialty care, counseling services, health promotion and disease prevention. Structured for students currently registered for classes, our focus is to help students maintain an optimum level of physical and mental health and to guide them in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our mission is to provide cost-effective, high quality care and resources to students.
Conveniently located on the University Park Campus near the Lyon Center, the Engemann Student Health Center serves those students who are registered for classes and who have paid the Student Health Fee. We strive to facilitate the completion of your academic career at USC by promoting healthy lifestyles and caring for your physical and psychological illnesses and concerns. Please see the Location and Map for the student health center.
We look forward to taking care of your healthcare needs and working with you to support a healthy campus community.
Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
To become our campus community’s first choice in primary healthcare, leaders in public health and wellness and to create and support a healthy campus community.
Our mission at Engemann Student Health Center is to provide high quality, cost-effective and client oriented services and resources in health promotion and disease prevention, primary care and counseling to the University Park Campus student community. We strive to facilitate the completion of your academic career at USC by promoting healthy lifestyles and caring for your physical and psychological illnesses and concerns.
We look forward to meeting you and working with you to support a healthy campus community.
We, the employees of the Engemann Student Health Center, are committed personally and organizationally in carrying out the following:
- Biopsychosocial Approach: Provide services that integrate physical, psychological and social issues.
- Collaboration: Strive to collaborate within USC and within the healthcare community.
- Communication: Take personal responsibility to openly share and receive information in a respectful manner.
- Community Development: Interact with the campus and local community to create a supportive environment for life-enhancing behaviors.
- Cost Consciousness: Continually strive to provide the highest quality service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Diversity: Appreciate the diversity of our community and provide services in a manner that honors each individual as a unique being.
- Empowerment: Increase individual knowledge and influence behavior in a manner that will enhance health and reduce disease.
- Excellence: Accept responsibility to provide the highest quality health services possible.
- Innovation: Continually strive to find creative ways to deliver services.
- Integrity: Provide our services honestly, ethically and with integrity.
- Leadership: Take a leadership role in college health.
- Positive Attitudes: Maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere and bring enthusiasm to our work.
- Professional Development: Continually increase our personal skills and knowledge to provide the highest quality service.
- Respect: Treat each other, students, staff and faculty, with mutual respect, understanding and kindness.
- Teaching: Increase our ability to teach students and staff through a variety of educational models.
- Teamwork: Maintain a flexible and positive approach when working as a multidisciplinary team.
Read about the Engemanns.