Post Spring Break Blues: Simple and Effortless Back To School Tips!
By Thu Wati Aung, USC Student, Be Well blogger
Spring break has come and gone, and here we are again, stuck in long lectures and dreadful assignments. It can be especially hard to feel motivated and take care of yourself after a week-long vacation (sprangbreakkk!). We’ve compiled some easy and effortless tips to help you get back into your school routine!
- Get out! Get some sunlight and heighten those serotonin levels. Spring is here! Go outside and enjoy the beautiful SC campus.
- Exercise! Exercise produces endorphins that improve your mood. Try to hit the gym every week, or go for a jog outside!
- Drink More Water—and coffee doesn’t count. Water improves your skin, keeps you energized, and keeps you alert.
- Memes. Laughter is the best medicine and it releases so much stress! Watch an episode of Friends or The Office. Or scroll through some memes.
- Try taking a tech break even if only for a day. Today, we are surrounded by so much stress-inducing technology. Take a break or step away from your screens for as long as you can.
- Sleep! It’s critical to sleep 6-8 hours a day. If you wake up to an alarm everyday, it means you’re not getting enough sleep. Use all-nighters sparingly, and when you do pull long-nighters or all-nighters, make sure you make up for those nights with extra rest!
- Take Naps. They improve performance. A 60-90 minute nap is proven to improve your memory and your mood!
- Establish a routine. It’s hard to get back into the routine of a school day after a week of vacation. But, it’s important to plan out your day ahead and keep track of your schedule to stay on top of everything.
- Set Goals for yourself and write them down! Having a visual for your goals increases your chances of getting them done.
- Call your mom. 🙂 Mother knows best!