Training and Opportunities
Social Work Internship
RSVP interns (social work interns and doctoral practicum counselors) receive vast experience with crisis therapy, outreach programs, individual therapy, group therapy and advocacy services (e.g., Title IX Investigations). Generally, interns are expected to be on-site 18-20 hours per week.
- 1 hour All-Staff Meeting (RSVP/SCS)
- 1/2 hour RSVP Business Meeting
- 2 hours Individual Supervision
- 1.5 hours Group Supervision
- 6-8 Individual Therapy Clients
- 1.5 hours Group Therapy
- 1-2 Hours Admin Time
- 1 hour (as needed) Outreach Program
- 1.5 hours Didactic Seminar
Trainees are given the ability to participate and create outreach programs consistent with the RSVP mission or to aid in implementing program requests (e.g., consent education, tabling events). In addition, interns receive specialized experience at RSVP in working with topics such as, sexual assault, domestic violence, childhood sexual abuse and trauma.
Please contact Elizabeth Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Graduate Program Assistant
RSVP employs 1-2 graduate program assistants during the course of the year. Program assistants are on-site for 15-20 hours per week.
These individuals help plan and implement programming, educational events and special projects; supports daily operations; and maintains the library and resource areas. The program assistant also helps with social media and the RSVP newsletter. The program assistant plays a key role in planning events and prevention programs. The program assistant does not provide counseling, but a successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the need for respecting the confidentiality of survivors of gender-based harm who seek services from the center.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to Elizabeth Reyes at email@example.com
Undergraduate Intern Position
- 12-15 hour/week on-site commitment
- Unpaid internship, but can receive course credit through SWMS 311 or any other possible internship course (double check with advisor and course director first).
Interns help RSVP fulfill its mission to create a more safe, understanding environment in which students and faculty can learn and understand gender-related issues across various social identities through educational programs and events.
Main responsibilities include the advertisement of RSVP and its services on campus by designing flyers and regularly posting information on events and programs on social media. Interns are also responsible for various other miscellaneous tasks that assist RSVP staff in the preparation and implementation of RSVP events and programs, and provide support in daily operations at the Center.
- Distributing flyers around campus
- Tabling for events and programs
- Design and create event flyers
- Regularly advertise and update RSVP social media platforms
- General assistance with programming
- Maintenance of resource areas
If interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to Elizabeth Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org