The Heat is On! Summer Safety Tips…
Summer break during your college years is always a much needed time away from the books, but staying safe and healthy is important. Some common sense tips listed here will help you stay safe and cool all summer…
- Don’t swim alone. Always have at least one buddy with you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol before and during water activities. According to the CDC, alcohol use is involved in up to 70 percent of water recreation related deaths.
- Helmets might not “look cool”, however, wearing them can greatly reduce your risk of brain injury if an accident occurs.
- Follow the rules of the road, obeying traffic signals and signs.
- Wear reflective clothing at night.
Fun In The Sun
- Always wear sunscreen! Use one that has an SPF of at least 15. Reapply sunscreen as directed.
- Wear protective gear like a hat or sunglasses.
- Stay hydrated! Drink water or sports drinks especially when it’s hot outside. Don’t risk dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine before outdoor activities since these can lead to severe dehydration.